Covered in Chocolate
Chocolate makeup that is! While this trend can be a little tricky to master, with these helpful trips and tricks you’ll be sure to look flawless and not like you fell into WIlly Wonka’s chocolate river.
1. Bronzer is a great way to get a chocolate glow and, as we head into colder weather, a sneaky way to keep that summer tan. For a more subtle look, check out the NARS compact or if you want a little bit of shimmer, a liquid or multi-shade powder will get the job done. Whichever you choose, make sure it’s a good match for your natural skin tone!
2. An eyeshadow palette with neutrals, browns and golds is a must-have! Apply cocoa eyeshadow in your crease and highlight with gold.
3. Dark brown eyeliner will glam up your chocolate eyeshadow look. Go for a pencil during the day and liquid for something a little more dressed up.
4. Chocolate lipstick is probably one of the hardest makeup trends to rock. If you’re feeling a little overwhelmed, go for a lighter shade or one that has purple-y/red undertones, like the ones from MAC above. If you want to go for a look that’s extra bold and daring, go for a richer dark brown. Just remember—skip the lip liner!
5. Last but not least, chocolate brown nails. Go for either a solid dark color for a classic look or spice it up a bit with a metallic brown polish full of sparkles.