All of us wish we could have a closet as organized as the ones we see on Pinterest, but in reality, nobody has time for that! That said, with a few helpful tricks and tips, your closet can go from chaotic clutter to polished and put-together, which will make deciding what to wear at least a little easier!
1. A shoe organizer can save space and reduce clutter! We love how this one from the Container Store attaches to your closet door.
2. Sick of all your silky blouses sliding off your hangers and into a crumpled heap on the floor? Invest in velvet hangers—problem solved!
3. Storage cubes are great alternative to drawers for storing sweaters and t-shirts. You can actually see what you have so you won’t forget about a top that’s tucked out of sight.
4. If you’re pressed for space, shelf dividers can help you make the most of what room you’ve got. They keep things looking neat and allow you to fit more items on a shelf than you might have been able to otherwise.
5. Coat racks are awesome because they are so versatile! Aside from the more traditional use, they’re great for storing belts, scarves and even jewelry!
1. Closet organizers (like this one) are your friend! They come with built-in shelves and racks that give you tons of extra storage space.
2. Keep the things you wear often readily accessible so you don’t have to go rummaging around the back of your closet to find your favorite pair of jeans! If your space is extra small, store out of season clothes and hang only the items you need. Group your clothes by both color and style so you can see exactly what you have.
3. Let’s face it, sharing a closet can be rough. If you have a shared space, invest in a tower of drawers to create division between the two sets of clothes so there is no question about what belongs where.
4. Last but not least, keep your closet well-lit! A little bit of light can go along way when it comes to keeping things organized and ensuring that all your clothes get the spotlight they deserve!