DIY Foot Jewelry
Celebrate “Go Barefoot Day” with this bold and bright craft that takes less than 15 minutes!
What you will need:
- 1 friendship bracelet
- 3 large beads
- 3 small beads
- threading needle
- thread (and a ruler to measure it)
- First, find an eclectic old friendship bracelet! It was hard to narrow it down but we eventually did!
- Compile your materials.
- Measure out 12 inches of thread.
- Thread your needle.
- Insert the needle in the middle (bottom) of your bracelet.
- Pull thread through bracelet and tie a knot.
- Using the needle, thread your beads through- starting with a ‘large’ one and ending with a ‘small’.
- Tie a poacher’s knot around 1.25 inches (give or take a few quarters of an inch depending on the size of your index toe).
- Taadaa! You’re almost done!
- Push your (still threaded) needle back through your beads towards your bracelet to reinforce your creation!
- Pull back through the middle (bottom) of the bracelet.
- Tie another knot to secure your second pull through and cut off the excess thread.
- Your beautiful foot jewelry piece is complete!
- Enjoy ‘Go Barefoot Day’ (May 1) in style!